Dolly Parton, a country singer and international superstar, has set three more Guinness World Records!
During an exclusive presentation in Nashville, Parton was given three new titles, celebrating her amazing career, as per the Guinness World Records.
The Guinness World Records include:
- Woman with the longest span of US Top Country Album No. 1 hits
On October 17, 2020, Dolly Parton’s A Holly Dolly Christmas debuted at the top of the charts. According to Guinness World Records, her duration was 43 years and 156 days, making her the world’s longest.
After Merle Haggard (48 years and 192 days) and Johnny Cash (50 years and 91 days), Parton is ranked third overall.
- The majority of studio albums by female country singers.
Between the release of Hello, I’m Dolly in 1967 and Run, Rose, Run in 2022, Parton released 65 studio albums.
- On the US Top Country Albums chart, the female artist with the most Top 10 entries
Diamonds & Rhinestones: Parton’s 48th Top 10 album on Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart was The Greatest Hits Collection. The album features “9 to 5”, “Jolene”, “Here You Come Again” and “I Will Always Love You” and appeared at No. 4 on December 3, 2022, as per the Guinness World Records.
Parton likewise still holds seven other Guinness World Records:
- Most decades with a Top 20 hit on the US Hot Country Songs chart
- Most No1 hits on the US Hot Country Songs chart by a female artist
- Most decades on the US Hot Country Songs chart (female)
- Most hits on the US Hot Country Songs chart by a female artist
- The longest span of No1 hits on the US Hot Country Songs chart
- First country singer to be nominated for the EGOT
- Most Grammy nominations for a female country artist
“I am humbled every time I receive a new Guinness World Record title,” Dolly said. “I share these three new honors with my fans, who have allowed me to enjoy such a long career.”